Comedogenicity: It is the term used to describe how likely an ingredient or product will clog your pores. The internet will find several charts that list several products level of comedogenicity. A high rating of comedogenicity doesn’t necessarily mean the product will irritate the face or cause acne. However, acne prone skin chances have an increased chance that acne will occur or become worse.
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate: A mixture of sulfuric acid, monododecyl ester, and sodium salt that is the detergent in everyday products. In extremely high heat and its natural state the chemical compound will produce a toxic fume.
Isopropyl Myristate: A manufactured oil that is created by condensing myristic acid with isopropyl alcohol. It is used as an emollient, lubricant, and to help get rid of head lice. It is easily absorbed by the skin, decreases the greasy feeling of products, and helps skin products to penetrate the skin. It may create a breakout of acne.
More definitions for other ingredients can be read in the ever expanding glossary.
1. Take an antihistamine.
2. Keep the skin hydrated by moisturizing it.
3. Regularly vacuum floors, carpets and wash bed linens to get rid of dust mites.
4. Relieve itchiness with baking soda and baby oil in a bath or washing in the mixture with a shower.
5. After swimming immediately rinse off with water and soap. Then use a moisturizer that has glycerin to seal in moisture.
6. Consume linoleic fatty acids by eating various oils with your food or just use the oils on your skin. The same is true for linolenic fatty acids, too. The oils can be mixed with your typical moisturizer. Just mix together.
Oils to relieve itching:
Tea tree oil
Evening primrose oil
Chamomile and calendula oil mixed together
. . . . or you can try using hydrosols to help provide relief to your itchy skin.
Hydrosols to relieve itching:
Hydrosols are the products that remain after roots, barks, plants, flowers, or seeds are steam distilled. Hydrosols can also be the remnants of the essential oil making process. Unlike essential oils a hydrosol can be applied directly to the skin without dilution since this ingredient contains some elements of essential oil but to a lesser extent
-Geranium rose: anti-septic and balancing to sebaceous glands
-Witch hazel: anti-septic, anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory
-Lavender: anti-septic, anti-inflammatory, and balancing to sebaceous glands