1 sprig fresh mint leaves
1 tablespoon simple syrup (equal parts boiling water and sugar, cool before using)
1/2 lime, sliced
Berries (of your choosing)
1. Tear up the mint leaves. Mix it with the fruit so the mixture becomes almost like a puree. It’s fine to leave junks of fruit in the mixture if this is your preference.
2. Combine mixture with simple syrup.
3. Place ice cubes in a glass and add fruit mixture.
4. Pour in sparkling water and stir. Serve.
Some people add a mint leaf or fruit as a garnish.
Big Portobello mushroom heads
Chopped green peppers
This is such a simple but delicious recipe! Just spread a layer of spaghetti sauce on the mushroom. Next, add the green peppers and onions followed by another layer of spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle a little bit of salt over the whole thing. Pop the mushrooms into the oven.
Cook just until the peppers and onions are done. Add the cheese after removing the mushrooms from the oven. Coating the mushrooms in a very small amount of olive oil will prevent a burned snack.
2 pounds of chopped chicken
2 pounds of chopped vegetables (your choice)
1 1/2 cup orange juice
1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup lime juice
1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons honey
4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a bowl, whisk together orange juice, oil, lime juice, soy sauce, cumin, honey, garlic and pepper until well blended to make a marinade. Put vegetables in 1 or 2 large ziplock bags. Put chicken in another large ziplock bag. Divide marinade equally among the bags, seal and refrigerate, turning the bags occasionally, for at least 3 hours or overnight.
Prepare a grill for medium-high heat cooking. Place vegetables and chicken onto skewers. (If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes before assembling.) Discard marinade.
Grill, turning often, until chicken is just cooked through and slightly charred, about 8 minutes. If using the oven, preheat the oven to 425°F. Arrange skewers in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast until chicken is just cooked through, about 10 minutes, and vegetables are tender. Transfer skewers to a platter and serve.
This an easy meal to make for breakfast. Save time by chopping the ingredients the night before. Just add or take away what you like to the recipe below.
2 large eggs
⅛ cup green pepper
1 chopped onion
¼ cup grated cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Beat eggs with the whisk and add the rest of ingredients.
3. Put the ingredients in a casserole dish and pop in the oven.
4. Bake 15-20 minutes. or until knife inserted in center comes out clean, and top is puffed and golden brown. This will vary with the oven used for this dish.
- ¼ cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 14-ounce package firm or extra-firm water-packed tofu
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- ¾ cup marinara sauce plus
- 3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1. Combine breadcrumbs, garlic powder, salt, and Italian seasoning in a shallow dish. Cut tofu lengthwise and pat dry. Sprinkle both sides of the tofu with the seasoned dry mix.
2. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until beginning to brown. Add mushrooms and cook until they begin to brown. Transfer to a bowl.
3. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan. Add the tofu steaks and cook until browned on one side, about 3 minutes. Turn over and sprinkle with Parmesan. Spoon the mushroom mixture over the tofu, pour marinara over the mushrooms. Cover and cook until the sauce is hot. Put the mozzarella on the tofu and cook until the cheese is melted. Sprinkle with basil and serve.
You can substitute the tofu with eggplant.
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 eggs, beaten (or egg substitute)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt to taste
1. In a medium bowl, combine the zucchini, eggs, onion, flour, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and salt. Stir.
2. Heat a small amount of oil in a pan over medium to high heat. Place the zucchini mixture into the pan by the
the tablespoon. Cook on each side until golden.