Disclaimer: This post does not reflect complete information on psoriasis. The treatments and medications mentioned in the post may result in various side effects that will vary from person to person.
- Emu oil: It has been known to decrease the appearance of plaque psoriasis.
- Mind/body: Hypnotherapy, breathing exercises, yoga or some form of meditation have helped alleviate symptoms of psoriasis for some individuals.
- Gamma-linolenic acid (GLA): Omega-3 fatty acids and evening primrose oil are a source of GLA a fatty acid that promotes healthy growth of skin, hair and nails. Also, eating foods that contain omega three fatty acids such as seafood will provide GLA
- Bentonite Clay: The clay can be taken internally or applied topically to the skin. The clay swells up when combined with water creating open spaces that are filled with toxins from the body.
- Traditional Chinese Medicine: Herbal preparations or acupuncture
- Diet: Eating anti-inflammatory foods such as fresh fruits and vegetables that contain carotenoid ((spinach, carrots, asparagus, broccoli, etc) has helped some people who have psoriasis. Carotenoids are colorful plant pigments the body can turn into Vitamin A.
** Please share natural treatments that have worked for you in the comments below so we all can learn. Thanks.